Flexable FAQ’s for Caregivers
1. What is Flexable?
Flexable is a platform which allows parents to find childcare exactly when and where they need it. Parents can find on demand care individually for their children, or organizations and event planners can provide childcare at their events. Flexable allows caregivers like you to become Flexable Certified Caregivers, allowing you to find work and make more money, while keeping a flexible schedule!
2. How do I join Flexable?
In order to join Flexable, you must apply to become a Flexable Certified Caregiver. Each caregiver goes through a phone interview and in person vetting process. Each caregiver must have the following requirements to be considered for the job:
- You must be 18 years of age or older
- You must be a citizen of the US, have a Social Security Number and be legally allowed to work in the US
- You need to be up to date on the following three clearances showing you can legally work with children:
- PA Child Abuse history
- PA State Police request
- FBI Fingerprints (Details on each, plus how to get each, can be found here: http://dhs.pa.gov/publications/findaform/childabusehistoryclearanceforms/index.htm)
- You must have a means of transportation (if you have a car, you must show that you have a valid PA drivers license)
- You must have 2-3 valid references from the last 12-24 months
3. By applying, do I become a Flexable employee?
Yes you do! By going through our vetting process, you will become a Flexable employee, and will receive a W2 each calendar year. We are actively working on team member benefits as well, which you would have access too as well!
4. How much does Flexable cost?
The Flexable platform is free to use for both parents and caregivers – however we are actively rolling out new premium functionality which will allow caregivers to connect with more parents. These features will include:
- Scheduling Calendar to track and broadcast your availability
- A personalized web page with information about you and your expertise
- Business management tools to allow you to track exactly how many kids came in and how much money you’ve made – no more guess work
- Marketing tools including business cards and other marketing materials to effectively promote yourself
- Direct access to the Flexable Team on any business related questions you may have
Using Flexable could help you increase your earnings, help you provide a valuable service to parents who need it, and keep you doing the job you love.
5. By becoming a Flexable Certified Caregiver, am I guaranteed to be matched up with more parents?
6. Do you verify the information of everyone who signs up?
7. Can I cancel with Flexable?