Event Coordinator FAQ’s/Rules
1. How much does childcare at events cost?
- Childcare at events starts at $150/hour, which covers up to 2 staff members and up to 10 children. A non profit rate of $125/hour is also available. Special partner pricing is available also, please email us at email@example.com to discuss partner pricing
- You will not get charged for childcare if we receive notice of your cancellation 48 hours prior to the event’s scheduled time. If we are notified of cancellation within 24-48 hours of the event time, you will be charged a $99 administrative fee.
- If Flexable staff set up for childcare, and no children show up for childcare, you will still be charged for 1 hour of childcare service, and our childcare providers will leave after that hour.
- Childcare must be in the same physical location as where the parents are. This means it must have the same physical address – childcare room cannot be next door or down the street from where parents are. However, childcare can be on a different floor from where parents are (i.e. parent is meeting on 2nd floor and childcare is on the 1st floor)
- Must be free of anything valuable, flammable, dangerous or damageable (i.e. A/V equipment, construction materials, gasoline, etc)
- Must have a door that closes (i.e. no open spaces where children can easily run out)
- Must have easy access to exits and bathrooms (i.e. preferably on the same floor as bathrooms and exits)
- Preferable to have some separation from parents, so as to not have a way for the children to directly see parents
- Yes, parents MUST remain on-site while childcare is available. Parents would not be able to leave their child(ren) and go have dinner or run errands for example. In addition, the same parent who checked the child in MUST check the child out, absolutely no one else will be allowed to remove the child from the childcare room.
- Just a room! We bring all our own toys, crafts and supplies for setup and cleanup, so you don’t have to worry about anything!
7. What is the age limit for childcare?
- We only take care of children ages 2-18, no exceptions. This is due mainly to safety concerns (vaccinations, ability to walk/talk, etc) and our insurance coverage. If children under the age of 2 NEED to be at an event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before the event to make special accommodations.
8. Are drop-in’s allowed?
- Because we need to make sure we have staff scheduled and have the right amount of supplies, we unfortunately do not allow drop-in’s at events – all parents must pre-register at least 24 hours in advance of the event.
1. What is the age limit for childcare?
- We take care of children ages 2-18
- We ask that children not eat or drink in the childcare room for safety (choking/allergies) and cleanliness reasons. Also, if a child bring a special snack into the room, chances are the other children will want some too! We ask that parents either feed their child(ren) prior to coming to the event, or check them out of the childcare room to feed then, then check them back in when they are done eating.
- Nope – we will handle any/all diaper changes and bathroom breaks! We ask that you provide us with any/all supplies for diaper changes. Please note – if you are currently potty training your child, please send them to the childcare room with a pull up on.
- We bring lots of fun things with us for the kids to play with, including crafts, games, toys, balls race cars, playing cards, and anything else that will keep your kids captivated throughout the time they are with us. We do not bring any toys that can make a mess or pose a choking hazard. If you have any suggestions for safe, age appropriate toys, let us know! Email us at email@example.com
- While Flexable is not a licensed daycare facility, we are fully insured, and all of our staff are fully vetted and have their Childcare Clearances. Also, you will sign a Childcare Liability Waiver when you drop you children off.
- Flexable is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please take valuables with you.
6. Can I leave to run errands while my child is under your care.
- No. Parents MUST remain in the same location that childcare is taking place while their child is being taken care of by a Flexable Certified Caregiver – NO EXCEPTIONS. If you leave the premises, you MUST take your child with you. In addition, parents MUST pick their child up at least 10 minutes before the end of the event duration. If not, your child will be brought to you prior to the end of the contracted childcare period.
7. Can you care for sick children?
- Unfortunately, not at this time. Children with nausea, fever, acontagious condition or a medical condition requiring medication will not be admitted to the playroom. Contagious conditions include fever, rash associated with impetigo or chicken pox, pink eye, head lice, and ringworm.
- Flexable Certified Caregivers will not administer medication. If a child does require medication or medical attention, a staff member will immediately contact the parent or emergency contact.