Flexable FAQ’s for Parents
- What is Flexable?
- Flexable offers location-based pop up childcare at events, conferences, trainings, weddings, and everything in between! Flexable began as a platform to help parents and caregivers connect, but has evolved to help parents find childcare when AND where they need it.
- How does Flexable work?
- Flexable works with companies, event coordinators and entities to provide childcare at their location. If a parent is attending an event, conference, training etc at that location, they need to sign their child up for care.
- Once the child is signed, up, the parent can attend the event and drop their child(ren) off with a Flexable Certified Caregiver who will watch their child(ren) for the duration of the event.
- How much does Flexable cost?
- Flexable is absolutely FREE of charge to parents!
- Ok, so then how do you make money?
- Good question! Flexable charges the company or entity providing childcare at that location.
- Do I need to sign up to use Flexable?
- No, you don’t need to, but you can certainly join our mailing list to receive periodic updates!
- How do you guarantee that your caregivers are safe?
- Each of our Flexable Certified Caregivers are carefully vetted and have all their state mandated clearances.
- What is the age limit for childcare to attend event childcare?
- We take care of children ages 2-18
- Are children allowed to eat/drink in the childcare room?
- We ask that children not eat or drink in the childcare room for safety (choking/allergies) and cleanliness reasons. Also, if a child bring a special snack into the room, chances are the other children will want some too! We ask that parents either feed their child(ren) prior to coming to the event, or check them out of the childcare room to feed then, then check them back in when they are done eating.
- Do kids need to be potty trained?
- Nope – we will handle any/all diaper changes and bathroom breaks! We ask that you provide us with any/all supplies for diaper changes. Please note – if you are currently potty training your child, please send them to the childcare room with a pull up on.
- What will the kids get to do in the childcare room?
- We bring lots of fun things with us for the kids to play with, including crafts, games, toys, balls race cars, playing cards, and anything else that will keep your kids captivated throughout the time they are with us. We do not bring any toys that can make a mess or pose a choking hazard. If you have any suggestions for safe, age appropriate toys, let us know! Email us at email@example.com
Are you fully licensed and insured?
Can you care for sick children?
- Unfortunately, not at this time. Children with nausea, fever, acontagious condition or a medical condition requiring medication will not be admitted to the playroom. Contagious conditions include fever, rash associated with impetigo or chicken pox, pink eye, head lice, and ringworm.
- Flexable Certified Caregivers will not administer medication. If a child does require medication or medical attention, a staff member will immediately contact the parent or emergency contact.
Can I leave to run errands while my child is under your care.
- No. Parents MUST remain in the same location that childcare is taking place while their child is being taken care of by a Flexable Certified Caregiver – NO EXCEPTIONS. If you leave the premises, you MUST take your child with you. In addition, parents MUST pick their child up at least 10 minutes before the end of the event duration. If not, your child will be brought to you prior to the end of the contracted childcare period.
- Flexable is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please take valuables with you.